Have you like me missed meringues since you became vegan? If that’s the case your despair is now over! With simple, everyday, ingredients (that you probably already have at home) you can make delicious perfect meringues! And no one will have an idea that they are vegan!
Makes approximately 40 pc. Time Prep: 10 min Total: 2 ½ hour
- 1 can (400g) Organic unsalted Garbanzo beans (yes, this is the secret ingredient)
- (the thing is, it’s the water you shall use, not the beans)
- 1 ½-2dl Organic sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven (with fans) to 100 degrees celcius
- Take the “garbanzo bean water” and whip it until it becomes hard (exactly like egg whites)
- Add the lemon and sugar and continue whipping until it is firm enough to make peaks.
- Divide the meringue in 40 pieces (or as a cake or whatever you want, just remember that the bigger piece the longer it will have to be in the oven)
- Bake in the oven for approximately 2 hours until they are firm
- They will become totally firm and crisp when cooled of!
Hope this recipe will change your day, as it changed mine!
Vegan chef, personal trainer and Health and nutrition professional